Soon we'll see ghosts and goblins begging at our door for sweets and treats, but for now, I'd like to talk about how Halloween is a perfect time of year for exploring kink as well. When was the last time you saw an adult dressed up as a naughty school girl, nurse, biker or mad scientist? Why Halloween parties most likely! Did you ever stop to think about whether that person was just dressing in costume or portraying a playful kink of theirs? Sure we hear on the news of yet another young couple walking onto a public bus collared and leashed but most of us don't let your kinks out in public.
I'm not advocating for corsets and fishnets at the office, but why not try to dress up on the one day of the year that you can get away with it? I know some of you are saying, "why didn't I think of that!" while others are "been there, done that." Harmless fun can add spice to your relationship and definitely make Halloween sex magnificent.
If you are an exhibitionist this is the season to feed that addiction and if you are a voyeur you'll feel right at home too. But what if you are neither or your shyness keep you from wearing what you'd find incredibly hot? Nothing says you have to dress up and leave the house!
What if you and your partner want to explore Daddy/little girl in a fun manner? Dress the part and go to the toystore (do they exist anymore?). Adult babies more your thing? Find a Halloween party at a bar and go dressed in a diaper and all.
They sky is the limit when you want to explore new roles and play especially when an element of public exposure is important. There a few things you should keep in mind though.
1. Make sure you know how far you can go before you are indecent. It's not nearly as fun to play your role in a jail cell. Unless that is your thing of course.
2. Choose your public place wisely. Stay away from children (possibly the elderly). Remember that you are playing on the edge of consent and the general public has not consented. That's why Halloween is good for this, the consent/acceptance of oddly dressed and misbehaving adults is lax.
3. If what you want to do would be too extreme for public, find a party. There are plenty of costume parties held for Halloween you are sure to find one that you can fit your dress up time into.
4. Host a private party and invite all your kinky friends to dress up and have fun!
Whether you give it a try or not you can agree that Halloween is a time adults tend to let their guard down a little and loosen up. What are you going to do this year to let your kink out?
Thoughts to Ponder
- What would you like to explore if you have the ability and the clothes?
- Have you used Halloween as an excuse to dress 'kinky'?
- What was your most memorable costume?
- What was the most memorable costume you've seen?
Kinky Role Play - http://www.xeromag.com/fvbdsm_scenarios.html
BDSM Events in October - http://www.thebdsmeventspage.com/events.html#October