Every so often I want to open up the blog for you to share and teach me on a topic that I don't know a lot about. This is your chance to teach me and the other readers of this blog. I encourage you to comment, subscribe to the comments and keep coming back to add more insights.
From the Wikipedia page on polyamory:
Polyamory (from Greek
poly, meaning many or several] and Latin
amor) is the desire, practice, or acceptance of having more than one loving, intimate relationship at a time with the full knowledge and consent of everyone involved. The term polyamory is sometimes abbreviated to poly, and is sometimes described as consensual, ethical, or responsible non-monogamy. The word is sometimes used more broadly to refer to any sexual or romantic relationships that are not sexually exclusive, though there is disagreement on how broadly it applies.
Today I'd like to learn about polyamory as it pertains to D/s relationships. I'm in a monogamous relationship and only have limited exposure to poly friends. So, here are my questions for you:
- What does polyamory mean to you?
- How did you decide that polyamory was something you wanted?
- How do you deal with jealosy?
- How do you balance the relationship with more than one partner?
- What is your support system like within the relationship?
- If you have more than one Dominant partner, how does the control get passed between the Dominants as it pertains to you?