Today is day 15 of the Submissive Advent Calendar. If you missed yesterday’s post you can go back to that now, or rewind all the way to the beginning. You can also read the introduction post.
Being submissive, we often forget that our needs are important and may even push them aside so that we can focus only on pleasing our Dominant partners. In the hustle and bustle of the holidays even our simple desires are put away for us to overload on gift giving, party throwing, family gathering, and Christmas joy passes. Today we will reclaim what we need and remind ourselves that even though the needs of our partners is important and a focus for our lives if we don't get our needs met we may lose sight of one of the purposes of the holiday season. Peace.
“The paradox is that the needs of the master are not, in fact, superior to the needs of the submissive. Rather, they share equal importance.” – Kacie Cunningham
Make a short list of the needs you have as a submissive. Try to make them as concise as possible. Make sure you list the things you know you are getting now and the things you'd like to have met in the near future. Remember that your needs are what are important today.
It's Craft Time!
Today is a crafting activity. We are going to make a Needs and Desires Bunting. A bunting is a string of flags or pendants that have meaning or symbolism to whatever theme they all have. So, for example, a celebration of a new baby may have a bunting that is pink and blue and yellow with words and pictures relating to babies. It's hung like streamers over the baby's crib or in the nursery somewhere prominent.
What You'll Need:
- A piece of string approximately 50 inches
- Construction paper in a variety of colors; other options would be fabric squares, scrapbooking paper or even just printer paper
- Markers, crayons, paints, colored pencils and other art supplies of your choosing
- Glue or tape
- 2 Thumbtacks
- Cut triangles out of the paper ( pattern here)
- Each triangle will be one need or desire. You can write it out or you can use images and symbols to represent it. Decorate the triangles to match your decor of a certain room or location or make them stand out.
- Once they are all decorated, turn them over and fold down the top 1/2 inch. Lay the string down under the flap and then glue the folded flap down.
- Continue with the remaining bunting squares.
- Using the 2 thumbtacks hang your bunting somewhere you will see it often.
Read each item and remind yourself that you are important too. Seek to have your needs met and remember peace this season when you reclaim your desires. Talk to your partner about the needs on your bunting that aren't being met and work out how you can make changes to your relationship.
How did this activity turn out? Did you find needs that are not being met that you can correct today?