This post is part of an effort to provide a glossary for novice submissives of words commonly seen across this site and in the BDSM community.
A “bratty” submissive has a reputation for talking back, being disrespectful or mildly disobedient. On the surface, this is a negative quality in a submissive; however, a certain amount of “brattiness” is enjoyed by some Dominants, and may in fact be a large component of a power exchange relationship.
smart-ass masochist (SAM); smart-ass subbie
: submissive who exhibits bad behavior (such as sarcasm, talking back, or disobedience), either because her Dom enjoys it or to get attention.
- Retraining a SAM by Laura Goodwin
- SAM and What to Expect by Goddess Bella Donna
- For Every SAM (Smart Ass Masochist) there is one ROS (Really Obnoxious Sadist) by Aconite
- The Bratty Sub - Problem or Symptom?
- Regarding Brats - Sir Stompsalot
- Brat vs Bratty - 52 Weeks of Kink
on Kink Academy (must be a member)