Do you have a morning ritual?
Morning rituals are fantastic ways of setting a routine and developing a focusing meditation bright and early in the day. I've had morning rituals off an on throughout my service and they are quite enjoyable. I've not maintained one since I became a stay at home submissive and certainly this would be a good time to recreate one, I think.
I'm going to walk you through what I do when I'm setting up a morning ritual for myself. It is my hope that you will be able to create your own simple ritual that will keep you focused and accomplish a lot in a small time frame. Even those of you who are not morning people will be able to get this into your day!
1. Set a rise and shine time. This is the time you should get up every single day, including weekends. A submissive's work is never done and sleeping in is a privilege that not all of us get. For me, that is 7 am. I set my alarm for 6:45 am because old habits die hard and I always hit the snooze once or twice. Just trick my body into thinking that I'm sleeping that little bit later.
2. Figure out what you do every morning from the time you get up until you start work. I know that every morning I check my email, the weather forecast, eat breakfast, check the mail, shower and get dressed.
3. Put your routine into a schedule. Plan out what order works best for you (you will not want to get dressed before showering, of course). Figure out how long it takes you on average to perform each task. My morning takes an hour and 15 minutes.
4. Add some cleaning into your routine. My favorite one is that I wipe down all of the surfaces in the bathroom after my shower when they are all damp with steam anyway. It makes the job easy and that's one less thing to worry about. I use the towel I dried myself with on the floor to pick up any residual dirt. It takes me about 5 mins to do the bathroom clean up. In the kitchen, I like to wipe the counters down and start a load of dishes if there are any while I prep breakfast. Pick up the clothes on the floor on the way to your closet or dresser to pick out the clothing for the day. Make the bed if no one is still in it. Open the window and air it out while you get dressed. If it's bad weather, close it again once dressed. That 5 to 10 minutes will do wonders for your bedroom air quality.
5. Find a time once all that is complete to focus on your submission. One thing I find to be very important and useful for meditation is journaling. It really can help you find the peace to your day. Meditate if you enjoy that. Practice your submissive positions or read your written rules and instructions.
This is just a preliminary idea for creating a morning ritual. Mine always includes creating a to-do list for chores and tasks for the day. When I perform my morning ritual the day seems to go that much easier. Give it a try. Let me know what worked for you!